DavidOverton.com
This site is my way to share my views and general business and IT information with you about Microsoft, IT solutions for ISVs, technologists and businesses, large and small.  

SP2 broke VPN access

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 150 Contributor
Points 21
GadgetGuy Posted: Mon, Aug 27 2007 5:06 PM

SBS 2003 all patches were current, except for SP2.  This weekend, I put on SP2.  (Box has one NIC, and goes through a bridge router, and Fortinet Firewall, and has been working just peachy for 8 months.  No changes to firewall or router for months.)

After SP2, and reboot, no more VPN access, but could still OWA into box to get mail.  Windows Firewall is NOT running, there is no ISA installed, so where and what do I look for to see why Error 800 is present from remote client after the reboot required by SP2? 

• | Post Points: 21
Top 10 Contributor
Points 969
tezfair replied on Sat, Sep 1 2007 6:51 PM

Check RRAS is still setup correctly, perhaps re-running ICW or manually setting RRAS incase there's an error with the IP settings.

Can you connect via VPN inside the network? If you can connect inside the network then start looking at the perimeter settings, check the vpns' GRE is enabled. There's a remote possibility that post SP2 the UPNP changed the settings in the router / firewall box and blocked VPN.

Terry 

• | Post Points: 21
Top 10 Contributor
Points 84,751

SP2 broke some network cards - do a search on this site, or Susan Bradley's blog to get the answers - as well as the support.microsoft.com and blogs.technet.com/sbs sites.

ttfn

David

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS

(c)David Overton 2006-23