DavidOverton.com
This site is my way to share my views and general business and IT information with you about Microsoft, IT solutions for ISVs, technologists and businesses, large and small.  

Migrating from SBS2003 to 2008 using your book! and a problem...

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Top 200 Contributor
Points 21
ensmith posted on Sat, Oct 10 2009 7:07 AM

Hi,

Love the book, and have followed it to the letter so far.

Good stuff and nice to have this in front of me whilst I try and do this migration. Im not sure if you can help, but I cant find anyone else on the web with this problem and thought someone here may have seen this.

Yes, I have followed your intructions to the letter and prepared my sbs2003 box. Run the migration tool on it, and created my answer file.

Now, moved to my new box which is running on Hyper-V sitting on Server 2008 Hyper-V role server.

So I start the install and all goes great up until the end when I get to the page where it checks my server is ready to go. The first time I ran this I had forgotton to reboot my 2003 box so it failed and said that the domain and exchange werent ready and that I had not run the migration wizard.

So I rebooted my source server and started again totally.

Now, it gets to the same bit but now there is only one problem. The new box now says only one thing at this point says that I have not run the migration tool on the source server or I have not completed the migration in the required time scale.

Thats it, I cant go any further.

I thought it could be a time thing but my source server and new Hyper-V box have exactly the same time and date and timezone. I have detached my new hyper-v box from time synchronisation on the hyper-v manager and set my answer file to allow me to set the new server time so I can check the time exactly matches.

So I am stuckand clueless as to whats wrong.  Phew...

Nigel

• | Post Points: 21

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
Points 84,751

Nigel,

I'm sorry for the tardy response - I've been on the road and only just returning to normality.  Has this been resolved?  If not, drop me an e-mail and we can start to diagnose this.

Thanks

David

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS

(c)David Overton 2006-23