DavidOverton.com
This site is my way to share my views and general business and IT information with you about Microsoft, IT solutions for ISVs, technologists and businesses, large and small.  

Error in Excel 2007

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Points 52
Steve Posted: Fri, May 14 2010 4:19 AM

I am using Office 2007 ulitmate and had migrated my settings from an older windows vista laptop using a transfere cable.  I installed the office suite on my new Windows 7 computer but, only when opening an Excel 2007 file, I get the following message:

Microsoft Office Excel

'C:\users\steve\appdata\roamin\/microsoft\searchcommands\excel\scoutcomands.xlam'couldnotbefound. Check the spelling of the file name, and verify that the file location is correct.

If I click on the Ok, in the message, then the file opens up.  Any help would be appreciated.

• | Post Points: 21
Top 10 Contributor
Points 84,751

Have a look in the add-ins - it looks like the references to the "search" tool "scout" are there.  If so, look to remove them and things should be fine (or re-download scout for Office - I think it was on OfficeLabs)

• | Post Points: 21
Top 50 Contributor
Points 52
Steve replied on Wed, May 19 2010 12:57 AM

David,

Thanks again for the help.  I opened add-ins and unchecked scout.  All works fine now.

Steve

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS

(c)David Overton 2006-23