DavidOverton.com
This site is my way to share my views and general business and IT information with you about Microsoft, IT solutions for ISVs, technologists and businesses, large and small.  

Vista and Microsoft Office

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 2 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Points 21
prairielady Posted: Wed, Jun 27 2007 1:23 AM

I own a copy of Microsoft Office Suite 97 and don't want to switch to a newer one.  Is there a way to install that Office and when opening it open in XP or Windows 98 mode?  I've been using the new Office that comes with Vista (trial subscription) and don't like it.  I really like "familiar" things.  LOL  Will check back to see if you have a suggestion.  Thanks.

• | Post Points: 21
Top 10 Contributor
Points 84,751

Hi there,

Office 97 - only 10 years old now!!  While you can try running Office 97 on Vista, being 10 years old it would be unsupported by Microsoft. I've not tried and do not have a copy of Office 97 to test with, sorry.

Have you seen the getting started tab that is available with Office 2007 - that might help make the newer version of Office more familiar.  If you think back to when you 1st got Office I suspect some of it was unfamilar then and you now use it without issue - perhaps the same is possible with Office 2007.

ttfn

David

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS

(c)David Overton 2006-23