DavidOverton.com
This site is my way to share my views and general business and IT information with you about Microsoft, IT solutions for ISVs, technologists and businesses, large and small.  

wgatray.exe

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Points 969
tezfair Posted: Mon, Jun 19 2006 10:10 AM
I have a just installed a new PC at a clients office but from 'go' wgatray / the grey star appears each time a user logs onto the domain.

They have SBS 2000, but with limited internet - basically during work hours they have blocked internet access, however wgatray wants full internet access and is constantly popping a screen up demanding authentication.

I am unable to give any user full web access, and killing the wgatray process only lasts for a few minutes then its back with a dirty great authentication form in the middle of the screen.

Has anyone got a solution that works, googling this issue hasn't been of much help (unless I want to use hacks).

cheers

Terry
  • | Post Points: 21
Top 10 Contributor
Points 84,751

If I could find out exactly what site you need access to, would this be possible?

thanks

David

• | Post Points: 21
Top 10 Contributor
Points 969
tezfair replied on Mon, Jun 19 2006 8:31 PM
I have limited knowledge of ISA 2000, but if there was a way that allow all users to go to MS / WGA / whatever.com while still blocking them from general web access then I would be very interested.

cheers

Terry
  • | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Points 969
tezfair replied on Thu, Jun 29 2006 2:16 PM
Seems that MS realised that they boobed and have made steps to remove it.

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=921914
  • | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS

(c)David Overton 2006-23