DavidOverton.com
This site is my way to share my views and general business and IT information with you about Microsoft, IT solutions for ISVs, technologists and businesses, large and small.  

SBS2003 to 2008 migration ISA challenge

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 1 Reply | 7 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Points 21
StephenA posted on Fri, Oct 30 2009 10:41 PM

I was hoping to get some insight from this group on a recurring challenge I have with all my customers that are currently on SBS 2003 Premium with ISA installed.  Whenever I try to follow the ‘reconfiguring steps’ for network settings, it seems there is always connectivity issues once the Gateway is moved off of SBS 2003 (there always seems to be an ISA rule or policy that won’t migrate to the new gateway router).

I was hoping to get some guidance on best practices for moving off of ISA 2004 (either to ISA 2006 standalone server or a UPNP router).  Also, I cannot find any guidance on what SMB routers will work best in an SBS 2008 infrastructure.

Any advice or suggestions on the above would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Stephen

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
Points 84,751

I have to admit I don't migrate the rules as SBS 2003 and SBS 2008 require different firewall ports open.  I simply re-configure the new firewall  / router with the SBS 2008 rules.

thanks

David

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS

(c)David Overton 2006-23