DavidOverton.com
This site is my way to share my views and general business and IT information with you about Microsoft, IT solutions for ISVs, technologists and businesses, large and small.  

STdole32.tlb error with Excel 2007 Ultimate

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Points 52
Steve Posted: Tue, Mar 16 2010 9:53 PM

David,

Whenever I opened Word 2007 I was getting the installer issue and haveing to reconfigure every time.  However, your Dword reg fix worked.

But, everytime I open Excel I get the STdole32.tlb error and Office starts the reconfigure and install screen.  When I cancel, Excel finally opens fine.

Any solution for this issue?  All other Office 2007 Ultimate Apps, including Word run fine, it's just Excel giving me the problem.

I tried your Dword solution on Excel but it did not work.

Thanks,

Steve

• | Post Points: 21
Top 50 Contributor
Points 52
Steve replied on Wed, Mar 17 2010 11:42 AM

Actually, I copied in David's Dword text and ran it, replacing Word with Excel and now Excel also opens without the STdole32.tlb or configuration errors, thanks David.  Your solution worked in both Word and Excel.

Steve

• | Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Points 5
Matt John replied on Wed, Apr 21 2010 10:55 AM

Stdole32.tlb is a file which uses the LoadPicture and SavePicture objects, and generally associated with .NET OOP. It is a file which should reside in your C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32 folder. It's fairly standard file. Check to see if it is in that folder or not. You may even have a virus which deleted, moved or renamed the file. I'm uploading a copy of mine, you can paste it into it's folder and see if that works any better.

Matt John

cisco dumps expert!

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS

(c)David Overton 2006-23