DavidOverton.com
This site is my way to share my views and general business and IT information with you about Microsoft, IT solutions for ISVs, technologists and businesses, large and small.  

Want to forward all e-mail for a particular user account to internal or external e-mail addresses

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Points 84,751
David Overton Posted: Fri, Mar 31 2006 4:52 PM

Hi,

I wanted to have the [email protected] forward e-mail to my work account as well as having it reside in the exchaneg account on my SBS box.

Forwarding of mail is easy to do to internal accounts - go to the Active Directory Users and Computers mmc and find the user, then look at the Exchange General tab and the deliver options - on here is a Forward to option.  Clicking this then enables you to pick a user from AD. Forwarding internally is simply a case of picking a name here, but what about externally.

To forward externally you need to create a contact and add the correct e-mail address in there.  Once this is done, you can forward to the contact in AD, which goes external.

For more info on this, have a look at http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF015.html

ttfn

David

• | Post Points: 21
Top 25 Contributor
Points 152

Hello Dave,

Do you know any Exchange side way of automatically either CC:ing or BCC:ing someone into every outbound email?

I know you can set up a rule with Outlook that works more or less, but what about with OWA?

Cheers

Jules

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS

(c)David Overton 2006-23