DavidOverton.com
This site is my way to share my views and general business and IT information with you about Microsoft, IT solutions for ISVs, technologists and businesses, large and small.  

SBS 2003 & SharePoint Portal Server 2003

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

andrewbettany Posted: Mon, Apr 10 2006 10:59 AM
Is there any plans to develop a SBS intergrated version of SPS? (Just like we have for CRM?)

I have a client, with several branch offices, whom are using WSS.  They want some of the functionality of SPS, but is reluctant to spend lots of money on separate new server box, and the licensing costs are also putting him off.

Any thoughts? - ie if there is development for MS to produce a SPS/SBS product, then I think he would be happy to wait a while.

Regards

Andrew

• | Post Points: 21
Top 10 Contributor
Points 84,751

Andrew,

today SPS and SBS do not sit well together becasue SPS & Exchange are strongly advised to not run on the same box.

Given the timeframe until SBS LH - which is post Longhorn, which is 2007, anything is possible, but I would be more interested in the features they are after - it is possible that the Office 2007 versions (Windows Sharepoint Services V3) and Longhorn might do what they want, so could you give me an idea of features of scenarios you are trying to solve?

thanks

David

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS

(c)David Overton 2006-23