DavidOverton.com
This site is my way to share my views and general business and IT information with you about Microsoft, IT solutions for ISVs, technologists and businesses, large and small.  

Cant installed Fax Services on SBS 2008

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 100 Contributor
Points 26
zolthar posted on Wed, Feb 10 2010 8:01 AM

I have submitted this problem in TechNet originally and remembered about this site:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-AU/winserverprint/thread/1b39dbe8-58f5-4dc7-8ce9-33c1ceafea81

Having issues installing the Fax Services on a newly deployed server with errors on every attempt whether by Wizard or through the Server Manager.

I do have a file ready to go to be emailed with all the logs and error screen dumps etc which I hope will shed light.

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
Points 84,751

Is the modem seen as a modem in control panel?

• | Post Points: 21
Top 100 Contributor
Points 26
zolthar replied on Wed, Feb 10 2010 11:25 AM

Hi David,

Thank you for the quick reply.

If you were referring to "Phone & Modem" -> Modems, then yes it is detected as a Modem.

Device is detected with the same name in Device Manager and is attached to COM1. Properties all say that it is connected and installed correctly. I did a Modem query and the results returned were successful.

I tried creating a dial-up connection to dial my mobile/phone to test if it could dial out and it worked.

So I am guessing that it "would" be connected and configured correctly, unless I overlooked something?

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS

(c)David Overton 2006-23