DavidOverton.com
This site is my way to share my views and general business and IT information with you about Microsoft, IT solutions for ISVs, technologists and businesses, large and small.  

Brother MFC 8880DN on SBS 2003

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 0 Replies | 6 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Points 5
Not-a-Geek posted on Tue, Feb 16 2010 8:23 AM

Are MFC products in general supported on SBS?

This is the second device, the first being a HP, which when the software install is attempted it reports something along the lines "not for your operating system". The CD is stamped as Windows 2003 (no reference to SBS), I have checked the website for both vendors, again no specific reference to SBS (2003 OK), the retailers say "it works on 2003 so it SHOULD work on 2003 SBS" ... same unconvincing message when you eventually get to speak to someone in the vendor help desk ... "it should work".

Problem for this customer (who is buying elsewhere and using us to troubleshoot the install) is that the town they purchase from is 1600km away and there is not a lot in between ... Western Australia is a big, spartan place! ... so getting the vendors/retailers to actually sit up and take notice is not happening in todays new definition of customer service ...

I thought maybe it was the local computer, so I ran up a couple of test VM on our servers, one was 2003 (Full), the other 2003 SBS and ran the install files on each. Worked OK on full but not SBS ... I passed this information onto the vendors but so far "bin 13" ... no response.

Am I chasing a lame duck?

Thanks

Mike

Page 1 of 1 (1 items) | RSS

(c)David Overton 2006-23