DavidOverton.com
This site is my way to share my views and general business and IT information with you about Microsoft, IT solutions for ISVs, technologists and businesses, large and small.  

Exchange Routing

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 75 Contributor
Points 47
flo posted on Tue, Jun 15 2010 8:43 PM

Hello David,

thanks for the great book. Especialy tipps and tricks like setting a second hostname are very helpful.

But this time i've got a strange problem. I'm migrating exchange mailboxes from sbs 2003 to sbs 2008 at the moment. The strange thing is that i can send emails from an mailbox on the sbs 2003 to an mailbox on sbs 2008 but not the other way. It seems like the routing group connector from sbs 2008 to sbs 2003 is not working as it should. Both routing group connectors are in place and i did not find any errors in the eventlog...

Do you have any recommendations?

Thanks a lot

Florian

• | Post Points: 5

All Replies

Top 75 Contributor
Points 47
flo replied on Tue, Jun 15 2010 10:04 PM

I did not delete the Internet Connector on the old SBS2003 - can this cause the routing issues between sbs 2003 und sbs 2008?

Well, i can not delete the old connector until the customers firewall config has been adopted to support outbound smtp from the new sbs...

• | Post Points: 21
Top 10 Contributor
Points 84,751

how difficult is it to reconfigure the router /firewall in a small business to enable smtp traffic outbound?

I've not seen this issue, but migration puts the e-mail transmit requirement onto the SBS 2008 box if I remember correctly.

Thanks

David

Top 75 Contributor
Points 47
flo replied on Wed, Jun 16 2010 5:20 PM

Well i found the cause of this today. This did happen because "Windows integrated auth." was not enabled on the SBS 2003 virtual SMTP Server.

No i 've got another issue:

Mailbox move is extremly slow: 1 hour for a 160 MB Mailbox...

Any Idea?

Thx

Top 10 Contributor
Points 84,751

e-mail move is slow, but not normally that slow.  I would double the quota settings for each user to ensure you are not seeing issues there as this slows things sown and I would also double check the network and cpu indicators.

Thanks

David

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS

(c)David Overton 2006-23