DavidOverton.com
This site is my way to share my views and general business and IT information with you about Microsoft, IT solutions for ISVs, technologists and businesses, large and small.  

Installing BCM 2007 in a SBS 2003 R2 Network

rated by 0 users
This post has 12 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Points 62
SBSMATTERS Confused [8-)] Posted: Sun, Jan 28 2007 3:42 PM

Hi,

I been searching for some information or how to's discussing the installation of Outlook 2007 Business Contact Manager using a central contact database in a SBS 2003 R2 domain.

Can anyone help with information where to find these sort of details

• | Post Points: 21
Top 150 Contributor
Points 21
gman replied on Tue, Feb 13 2007 9:52 PM
David Overton:

We have tried this and it doesn't seem to work.  This was written for Beta 2 TR is there any further documentation on this?

Top 10 Contributor
Points 84,751

Could you share a few more details - at what point in the process does it fail and what is the error message?

thanks

David

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Points 62

I had an attempt at deploying Outlook 2007  with business contact manager in a remote database configuration and I guess my lack of exprience with sql let alone sql 2005 didnt help but the instruction did not seem to follow the product I had running.

I tried it on a workshop PC downloading sql express as per the instruction but did not get near to getting a new database installed.

Top 50 Contributor
Points 62

I have just found some information on www.smallbizserver.net that the white paper you suggested does contain typo's particularly in the script on page 9 and it was written for use with the beta version.

Will there be an updated version of how to install BCM 2007 on to a server and when can this be expected.

Top 10 Contributor
Points 84,751

I am sure a new whitepaper will be coming out.  I hope to get some time later this week to run through the process and will put it on the blog.

ttfn

David

• | Post Points: 52
Top 50 Contributor
Points 62
Thanks for that David I will look forward to seeing your findings.
Top 50 Contributor
Points 62

Hi

Via the managed newsgroups I have just found out that a tool to achieve what we are trying will soon be available.

Sounds good to me but I do not know antmore details.

Top 150 Contributor
Points 21

David

Is revised documentation for this now available?

Haroon 

Top 10 Contributor
Points 84,751

Use the download link at the top - the revised documentation has been placed over it.

thanks

David

The link now 404s and a search on BCM SBS2003 on the MS site doesn't provide anything useful :-)

Cheers,

Ian Watkins

Top 10 Contributor
Points 84,751

The document has been replaced by a tool that does the work.  It can be found at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=b8e7aa0f-f593-4fb4-b822-dd662af1a6cb&DisplayLang=en

Thanks

David

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS

(c)David Overton 2006-23