DavidOverton.com
This site is my way to share my views and general business and IT information with you about Microsoft, IT solutions for ISVs, technologists and businesses, large and small.  

POP3 Connector Errors 1023, 1019, 1053 and 1056

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Points 163
Ricard00 Posted: Wed, May 24 2006 7:17 PM
Every several days, a clients POP3 connector starts to generate the above errors and this results in several users being unable to recieve email.

Any suggestions anyone?

Event Type:    Error
Event Source:    POP3 Connector
Event Category:    Delivery
Event ID:    1056
Date:        24/05/2006
Time:        08:15:20
User:        N/A
Computer:    SERVER01
Description:
The message <id:{745C876F-EBD0-4FA2-8BFF-B8D0BC1C3D24}> can not be delivered. The error code is: -2147220979.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Event Category:    Delivery
Event ID:    1053
Time:        08:15:20
Description:
The delivery process for message <id: {745C876F-EBD0-4FA2-8BFF-B8D0BC1C3D24}> finished with one or more errors.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Event Category:    Download
Event ID:    1019
Time:        08:00:08
Description:
The message download process finished with one or more errors.

Event Category:    Download
Event ID:    1023
Time:        08:00:06
Description:
The downloading process for mailbox <andy.dillon.ppeservicesltd.com [mail.globalgold.co.uk]> was ended with one or more errors.

These errors appear in the order:
1023, 1019, 1056 then 1053

Please help!!  I am tired of trying to fix this problem and the only solution I have so far is to restart the server.
  • | Post Points: 37
Top 10 Contributor
Points 969
tezfair replied on Fri, May 26 2006 12:51 PM
My initial thought is that <andy.dillon.ppeservicesltd.com> doesn't have the @ in it!!

It seems that the mail is being picked up but then nothing is being delivered. Have the undeliverables sent to the administrator then check any thats being bounced as NDs

Its also possible that its trying to pick up 1 message thats corrupt or too large to be posted, either by globalgold or a local setting. As an exercise, configure OE to collect the pop3 email, but setting the option to not remove the message from the server after download. This will let you see whats going on, or better still, if globalgold do a 'webmail' style frontend, check the mail there, then delete the bad one then.

Terry
  • | Post Points: 5
iQubed replied on Sat, Jun 3 2006 11:37 AM
This is an issue that I see on one of the SBS 2003 servers that I manage on a regular basis. It has never stopped users from ultimately receiving email (the interval is set to 15 mins) because although an error might occur on one of the intervals, usually the mail will be delivered on the next pass.

On a server that has SBS SP1 on it, this issue is pretty much non-existent. I don't know the precise cause of these errors but seem to be common when I have discussed it with others.

The best solution is to have SMTP email configured as POP3 is a stepping stone to transition customers to SMTP. Also, mail will be delivered straight away without the minimum 15 min interval.

All you need to do is configure the MX record (usually from the domain management admin page of your domain provider) to point to the public IP addr/domain name of your customer and forward port 25 to the server. A static IP addr also helps in this scenario.
  • | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS

(c)David Overton 2006-23