DavidOverton.com
This site is my way to share my views and general business and IT information with you about Microsoft, IT solutions for ISVs, technologists and businesses, large and small.  

MS email database stolen?

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Points 969
tezfair Posted: Mon, Nov 20 2006 6:45 PM

Not really anywhere to put this comment within any forum, but I thought I would pass this on. (Now I know your going to say this is highly unlikely to happen...but...)

As a single person in my company I have the pleasure of making up any old email address as I please. In order to track who is selling email accounts to spammers I often use an email address related to the company that im dealing with.

Recently however I am getting spam from an email address I soley use for Microsoft (ms.info@) This is the email account I use for OEM and Partner websites and no other.

Could someone on the inside be selling MS email database?

Terry

• | Post Points: 21
Top 10 Contributor
Points 84,751

Terry,

the short answer is no, however as you say, nothing is ever impossible, but @ $11 per person impacted user some US State law, I think we would have heard.  I suspect that some nice spammer is trying ms.info @ anywhere.com and you happened to get hit.  I could be wrong, but that would be the norm.  If it persists, let me know and we will get our legal beagles onto the case

thanks

David

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS

(c)David Overton 2006-23