David Overton's Blog and Discussion Site
This site is my way to share my views and general business and IT information with you about Microsoft, IT solutions for ISVs, technologists and businesses, large and small. I specialise in Windows Intune and SBS 2008.
This blog is purely the personal opinions of David Overton. If you can't find the information you were looking for e-mail me at admin@davidoverton.com.

To find out more about my Windows Intune BOOK - Microsoft Windows Intune 2.0: Quickstart Administration click here

To find out more about my SBS 2008 BOOK - Small Business Server 2008, Installation, Migration and Configuration click here

Need Norton Anti Virus for Vista - get the beta then
David Overton's Blog

Buy my books

Windows Intune:Quickstart Administration

This is the RAW book (Read as Written).
Click here for more information
Buy or pre-order today

SBS 2008 - Installation, Migration and Configuration

Small Business Server 2008 – Installation, Migration, and Configuration

Buy today in book or e-book form

Request a Review Copy

Twitter

Syndication

I have just seen that the beta for AV and security software from Symantec is now available for download.

As one would hope, it comes with the following information:

What is a Beta?

A “beta” is a pre-release version of a Symantec product that is available for public testing before the final version is released. Through public testing, we can evaluate how the product performs in “real world” environments and collect valuable feedback from you. We want you to tell us what you like and don’t like about the product and report any problems to us directly.

Be among the first to experience the new features and functionality of our latest products.

Current betas:

Norton Internet Security 2007
Vista Public Beta

Norton AntiVirus 2007
Vista Public Beta

Norton 360
All-In-One Security
Learn More

Posted Thu, Nov 30 2006 8:15 AM by David Overton

Comments

Philip Stopher wrote re: Need Norton Anti Virus for Vista - get the beta then
on Wed, Dec 6 2006 6:51 PM

I have found previous versions of Norton Internet Security very obtrusive and would never recommend its use. On numerous occaisions I have unistalled Norton and replaced it with other leading anti virus products and resolved many issues.

Bill Grigg wrote re: Need Norton Anti Virus for Vista - get the beta then
on Sun, May 13 2007 12:48 PM

Interesting problem

Emailed an excel 2007 file to myself via yahoo. Trying to open from yahoo mail produced a Northon virus warning! File was scanned before uploading to yahoo mail,

David Overton wrote re: Need Norton Anti Virus for Vista - get the beta then
on Sun, May 13 2007 10:33 PM

Philip,

Norton is not my favourite, but it is for many, so I carried this information.

David Overton wrote re: Need Norton Anti Virus for Vista - get the beta then
on Sun, May 13 2007 10:37 PM

Bill,

It is probable that Norton is not working quite right :-)

PC Security wrote PC Security
on Sun, Jul 6 2008 8:09 PM

For even more good info like this take a look at the free info on software and all kinds of free antivirus stuff.

norton antivirus review wrote re: Need Norton Anti Virus for Vista - get the beta then
on Wed, May 26 2010 6:27 PM

Thanks for the information. I have friends who are using Vista application and they also have the need to have this kind of antivirus. I will recommend this site to them.